(PatriotWise.com)- After dodging process servers for months – even missing the birth of his granddaughter in order to do it — Prince Andrew, Duke of York, has finally been served papers in the explosive sexual-assault lawsuit brought by Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre.
Giuffre alleges that Jeffrey Epstein and his alleged madam, Ghislaine Maxwell forced her to have sex with Queen Elizabeth II’s younger son in London, New York, and the US Virgin Islands starting when she was 17-years-old.
An attorney for Giuffre, Sigrid McCawley, filed an affidavit in court late Monday stating that the lawsuit had been delivered to Prince Andrew in a number of legal ways. It was received by the UK High Court on Monday morning. Documents were also received via FedEx by Prince Andrew’s US lawyer Andrew Brettler.
Both methods of service were approved by the judge in the case, NY District Court Judge Lewis Kaplan.
Prince Andrew has vehemently denied Giuffre’s accusations. In mid-September, his attorney told Judge Kaplan that the lawsuit was “baseless, non-viable and potentially unlawful.”
Andrew’s association with Jeffrey Epstein has been dogging him for over two years.
In late 2019, the prince attempted to defend himself against Giuffre’s accusations during a somewhat bizarre interview with the BBC.
In it, he claimed the notorious photograph of him embracing Giuffre was faked because he is “not one to hug.” He also countered Giuffre’s claim that he sweated all over her on a London dance floor by saying that, due to an injury suffered when he was shot in the Falklands conflict, it is impossible for him to sweat.
Unfortunately, his decision to do the interview did not sit well with either the Queen or Prince Charles, both of whom only learned of the BBC interview after the fact.
Several days after his sit-down with the BBC, Prince Andrew announced that he was stepping away from his public duties.
It was reported the next day that Andrew did not voluntarily step down, rather, his mother the Queen summoned him to Buckingham Palace and effectively gave him the boot.
Since being served, Prince Andrew has not commented on the lawsuit. But a source close to him told the UK Daily Mail that the duke has every confidence in his legal team and their strategy.